Skip to content
- The Star of David. Jesus is descended from David and this symbols shows the Jewish ties to Christianity.
- Jesus is the Lamb of God. Here the lamb is shown in a victorious state, winning the battle over death, sin and the devil.
- Cross and a cockleshell. Cockleshells symbolize the hospitality pilgrims enjoy as they spread God’s Word. Cockleshells represent our baptismal call to spread the Good News.
- The sacred heart of Jesus, crowned with thrones and ablaze with the fire of his love.
- The loaves and fishes – one of Jesus’ miracles.
- The dove represents the decent of the Holy Spirit at Jesus’ Baptism and who also comes at ours.
- The anchor represents the theological virtue of hope. In Hebrews 6:19, hope is called the “Anchor of the Soul.”
- The symbol of a crown and hand that points downward represents the God the Father. Recall that at Jesus’ baptism God the Father speaks from the heavens.