Sunday December 1, 2019 through Tuesday December 24, 2019
Advent marks the beginning of the new liturgical year. We prepare for the annual celebrations of Christ’s incarnation at Christmas, his manifestation at Epiphany, and the beginning of his mission at the feast of the Baptism of the Lord. Advent means “coming.” We are to prepare for the coming of God among us as a child who is a King, as an infant who is a Savior, as one born at a given time and place yet who is a Messiah for all ages and people.
Advent has a two-fold character: as a season to prepare us for Christmas when Christ’s first coming to us is remembered; as a season when that remembrance directs the mind and heart to await Christ’s Second Coming at the end of time. Advent is thus a period for devout and joyful expectation.
- Advent Wreath Sale by the Boy Scouts after masses on Dec. 1st, 7th, 8th 14th and 15th.
- Advent Reconciliation Service – Monday December 9, 2019 @ 7:30PM
- Giving Tree (Please return all items by Sunday December 8, 2019)
- Putting up the Christmas Trees December 14, 2019 @ 9:00AM
- Eucharistic Adoration December 16, 2019 from 12:00PM-7:30PM followed a Respect Life Holy Hour
- Simbang Gabi Liturgies December 15, 2019 – December 23, 2019