Wellness Ministry Brochure
If you would like more information about the Wellness Ministry or to volunteer, please call the Parish Center 973 -338-9190 Extension 120 Parish Ministry Office.
The mission of St. Thomas the Apostle Parish Wellness Ministry is to continue Christ’s work of healing among all the people of God.
This ministry is to serve our Parish and community through the varied skills gifts and experiences present in those who minister.
We respect the dignity of every human life and propose to promote healthy life style choices that enhance the integrity of mind, body and spirit.
The Wellness Ministry is led by a committee of parish nurses who work together with the Parish staff under the direction of the Pastor.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE PARISH WELLNESS MINISTRY:
- Health Screening
- Health Education
- Assistance with transportation to doctor/hospital/church
- Assistance with access to information about various community agencies
- Provides limited, confidential health counseling
- Runs errands for parishioners such as food shopping
- Makes regular phone calls tovhomebound
- Assists with Blood Drive
- Shawl Ministry
SERVICES WE DO NOT OFFER:
- Hands-on nursing care
- Dispense medication
- Replace the health care provider
- Provide emergency medical assistance
Call 911 if you are experiencing medical emergency.
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED:
- Assisting with health screenings (BP), Health Fairs
- Writing health-related topics for bulletin
- Planning for Health Fairs, blood drive
- Providing transportation
- Running errands
- Making brief, regular visits and making telephone calls to homebound parishioners
- Clerical help
- Shawl Ministry